Applications Instructor - Full Time Rochester/ Buffalo, NY
The Applications Instructor for New Horizons at Logical Operations will be responsible for providing quality training on a variety of computer applications courses. Our corporate students are adult learners in professional classroom environments. Class deliveries are open-enrollment/public or private dedicated courses for specific clients. Students may be in-classroom or virtual, thus trainer candidates should be experienced with delivering highly-interactive courses through in-person and web-based (Adobe Connect) platforms. The first priority for this Applications Instructor is delivering courses on the following topics and certifications:
- Microsoft Office Excel 2010-2016
- Microsoft Office Word 2010-2016
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010-2016
- Microsoft Office Project 2010-2016
- SharePoint End User, Site Owner, Admin 2010-2016
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide innovative, practical, and dynamic computer training solutions that save time and increase productivity.
- Arrive on time to assigned classes, check voicemail/email frequently including after 5:00pm, and adhere to break, lunch, end of class policies.
- Handle client and student concerns in an appropriate manner.
- Check resources before class including courseware and laptop load.
- Travel to client sites and other NHLO locations to deliver training on a regular basis.
- Lift and transport laptops and other equipment.
- Obtain and maintain applicable certifications as assigned.
- Participate in meetings with clients as a subject matter expert.
- Assist in the creation of custom class content as needed.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds as transporting laptops and other equipment will be required..
- Experience with training, teaching, public-speaking, presenting, or performing.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with MS Project, Access, Crystal Reports and the Adobe suite is helpful.
- Must be able to travel to client sites and other NHLO locations as needed.
- MCT Certification a plus
If you think this is the right role for you, please send us your resume with an email, at email@example.com explaining why you have the right stuff. Feel free to include a link to your LinkedIn profile, but the clarity and relevance of your email will determine whether we take this conversation forward.